Do you know your small business tax responsibilities?
This workshop is designed as an awareness seminar to inform business owners of their tax obligations. Tax information for each of the small business structures is provided along with a review of independent contractors versus employees, and an introduction to tax forms required from a small business.
This class is a comprehensive overview of the different funding options available for your small business and the qualifications for each. This class will cover:
- Sources of funding
- Lender requirements
- Other funding considerations
It’s back to basics! If you want to start a business but don’t know where to begin, then this class is for you. This class will address many of the questions you should ask yourself before beginning the process of starting a new business.
- Why start a small business?
- What are your goals?
- What are your strengths?
- How do you work?
The workshop will also cover the process of starting the business and:
- Analyze feasibility of your idea
- Prepare a business plan
- Determine the best operations management system
- Find sources of capital
- Create competitive analysis
Thinking of starting a business but don’t know where to start? Confused by all the different types of entities you could form for your business and wondering which type will be best? This class will address:
- How to effectively work with your attorney (and save $$$ doing it)
- Choice of entity & documents required
- Minimizing liability
- Assumed names (Doing Business As: DBA)
- Financing the business – loans, angels & VC’s
- Intellectual property – trademarks, copyrights, trade secrets & patents
Wondering whether you should have employees or independent contractors? How much and how often should you pay your employees?
How do you protect your business assets?
This class will address:
- Hiring and Firing Practices
- Independent Contractor v. Employee
- Paying Employees – Salaried v. Hourly
- Confidentiality and Non-Competes
- Employee Handbooks
- Policies on Technology Use
Presented by Terry Traveland of Traveland Law.
Terry Traveland has been practicing law since 1994 as an experienced corporate, mergers & acquisitions and securities law attorney. She provides advice to entrepreneurs on a broad range of issues including, business formation and planning, employment law, protection of intellectual property, purchases and sales of businesses, commercial transactions and contracts, loans and leases, and non-profit corporations.