The SBA Online Learning Center provides a huge collection of free training course videos you can access at any time.
Business Topics Include:
- Planning – Research, plan, and document your ideas.
- Launching – Turn your business plan into a reality.
- Managing – Master day-to-day operations to run your business.
- Marketing – Understand your competition and strategies to win customers.
- Growing – Expand by finding new funding, customers, and locations.
Also available is information on the SBA Mentor-Protégé Program
Do you know your small business tax responsibilities? This workshop is designed as an awareness seminar to inform business owners of their tax obligations. Tax information for each of the small business structures is provided along with a review of independent contractors versus employees, and an introduction to tax forms required from a small business.
This interactive open forum style conference call lets you talk with a local attorney. Learn how to determine the best legal structure for your business. Ask questions and get answers as a participant discussing the legalities of businesses in Tarrant County and the State of Texas. Please register in order to receive the confirmation for the conference call phone line.
*Information provided not to be construed as specific legal advice to those who attend, but general information only.
It’s back to basics! If you want to start a business but don’t know where to begin, then this class is for you. This class will address many of the questions you should ask yourself before beginning the process of starting a new business.
- Why start a small business?
- What are your goals?
- What are your strengths?
- How do you work?
The workshop will also cover the process of starting the business and:
- Analyze feasibility of your idea
- Prepare a business plan
- Determine the best operations management system
- Find sources of capital
- Create competitive analysis
Today, more entrepreneurs are starting, managing, and growing their small businesses online. Even in-store businesses have turned to the internet to help them with e-commerce, customer payment, and marketing. However, with convenience comes risk.
Cyber threats and scams are rising, and you must know how to protect your business.
In this webinar, a certified SCORE mentor will teach you the basics of Cybersecurity and what you can do to keep your business and your customers safe from cyber threats.
In this webinar, you will learn:
- The common cyber threats to small business owners
- How to protect yourself
- 30 Minutes of QA
This class is a comprehensive overview of the different funding options available for your small business and the qualifications for each. This class will cover:
- Sources of funding
- Lender requirements
- Other funding considerations
Thinking of starting a business but don’t know where to start? Confused by all the different types of entities you could form for your business and wondering which type will be best? This class will address:
- How to effectively work with your attorney (and save $$$ doing it)
- Choice of entity & documents required
- Minimizing liability
- Assumed names (Doing Business As: DBA)
- Financing the business – loans, angels & VC’s
- Intellectual property – trademarks, copyrights, trade secrets & patents