Do you know your tax responsibilities as a small business owner? This workshop is designed as an awareness seminar to inform business owners of their tax obligations. Tax information for each of the small business structures is provided along with a review of independent contractors versus employees, and an introduction to tax forms required from a small business.
Thinking of starting a business but don’t know where to start? Confused by all the different types of entities you could form for your business and wondering which type will be best? This class will address:
- How to Effectively work with your Attorney (and save $$$ doing it)
- Choice of Entity & Documents Required
- Minimizing Liability
- Assumed Names (Doing Business As)
- Financing the Business – loans, angels & VC’s
- Intellectual Property – Trademarks, Copyrights, Trade Secrets & Patents
Wondering whether you should have employees or independent contractors? How much and how often should you pay your employees?
How do you protect your business assets? This class will address:
• Hiring and Firing Practices
• Independent Contractor v. Employee
• Paying Employees – Salaried v. Hourly
• Confidentiality and Non-Competes
• Employee Handbooks
• Policies on Technology Use
Why start a small business?
- What are your goals
- What are your strengths
- What are your values
- How do you work
How do I start a small business?
- How to analyze feasibility of your idea
- How to prepare business plan
- Selecting legal form
- Sources of capital
- Business licenses and permits
- Sources of information
This is a comprehensive overview of the different funding options available for your small business and the qualifications for each. This class will cover:
- Sources of funding
- Lender Requirements
- Other funding considerations