Tuesday, April 12, 2011 - 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM
The educational seminar will provide a comprehensive overview of the Texas workers’ compensation system and discussion of the Return-to-Work program. The educational seminar will provide information on the following topics:
- roles and responsibilities of system participants;
- functions of the Office of Injured Employee Counsel;
- functions and services provided by the TDI-DWC to system participants;
- examination of medical and income benefits in a claim and the process of resolving disputes about those benefits; and
- how to successfully return employees to work after a workplace injury.
TDI-DWC will provide six general insurance continuing education credits. Attendees must provide their license number at the seminar to receive credits.
Presenter: Danny Taylor is the Return to Work Education Coordinator for the Texas Department of Insurance - Workers Compensation Division in Austin, Texas.
Fee includes morning and afternoon snacks, beverages and course materials.
To pay by credit card, please call (903) 757-5857 or (800) 338-7232
3044 N. Eastman Road
Longview, TX 75605
Kilgore College SBDC, Longview, TX 75604
Telephone: (903) 757-5857
Toll-free Number: (800) 338-SBDC (7232)
Fax: (903) 753-7920
Check our Web Site for additional training information.
Costs, dates and locations are subject to change. Please verify information upon registering for an event.
Reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities and limited English proficiency (LEP) will be made if requested at least two weeks in advance.