- Thursday, September 27, 2012 - 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
- Thursday, October 4, 2012 - 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
- Thursday, October 11, 2012 - 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
- Thursday, October 18, 2012 - 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
- Thursday, October 25, 2012 - 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
- Thursday, November 1, 2012 - 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
- Thursday, November 8, 2012 - 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
- Thursday, November 15, 2012 - 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
Cost: $99.00 (Includes 8 weeks of instruction, course notebook, and certificate upon completion)
Download printable document...
This course is designed in an effort to aid current and future entrepreneurs not only with the difficult decision of going into business for themselves, but also with the difficult day-to-day decisions regarding the operation of a business. Whether it is poor or ineffective management, lack of financial resources, or just a lack of information and planning, many business startups fail within the first five years of operation. Courses such as this are key to the success of owning and operating a business in East Texas.
This course will cover eight (8) separate sections on the proper operation of a business, which includes a variety of topics important to small business start-ups and existing businesses. From making the initial decision to starting a business, to planning for your company's tax savings, this course will help you with opening a business, as well as keeping that business running as efficiently as possible. The course will be presented in a weekly, step by step, practical approach to business as opposed to a theoretical or academic approach, with the small business owner and potential owner in mind. Material covered each week will later be included in the different sections of a business plan.
- Making the Decision to Go into Business
- Insurance Requirements & Choosing the Legal Form of Business
- Planning for Tax Savings
- How to Prepare a Business Plan
- Financing a Small Business
- Marketing Your Small Business
- Bookkeeping Basics
- Beginning Your Business: Start-Up Overview
Kilgore College - Longview
300 S. High Street
Longview, TX 75601
Kilgore College SBDC, Longview, TX 75604
Telephone: (903) 757-5857
Toll-free Number: (800) 338-SBDC (7232)
Fax: (903) 753-7920
Check our Web Site for additional training information.
Costs, dates and locations are subject to change. Please verify information upon registering for an event.
Reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities and limited English proficiency (LEP) will be made if requested at least two weeks in advance.