The SBDC for Enterprise Excellence promotes
Sustainability to North Texas Small Businesses.
We teach that Sustainability can only be reached with a balanced approach to
–Profit, People, Planet–or the "Triple Bottom Line."
- Our Planet Performance program highlights the financial benefits of "Going Green."
Customized assessments result in company-specific recommendations; which are based on specific industry practices and their financial status.
Follow up sessions are used to assist with change implementation and identify ongoing opportunities.
- Our People Performance program tackles issues ranging from Customer Service (both internal and external) to Leadership/Management.
For example, employee morale can drive the bottom line into the black when an empowered atmosphere is in place!
Again, our assessments are customized – there is no cookie-cutter solution available to develop the People aspect of Sustainability.
- We also work to “bridge the gap” between UT Arlington academics/research and the Business Community at Large.
We connect entrepreneurs with research opportunities either with ARRI or other departments or partnerships within UTA.
For example, current clients are working with the School of Business and seeking a partnership with the City of Arlington/UTA.
We assist in the coordination of the efforts.
There is no catch-all advising available for any of the “3 Ps”. All our one-on-one advising is tailor-made, and all our advising sessions build upon each other.
We also offer training/networking events:
- Monthly "Business Food for Thought" events on the 2nd Thursday of each month. These lunch events highlight varied and current business topics.
- Training courses to support the 3Ps…Going Green 101, Customer Service, Leadership/Management and more!
- We are in the process of developing a “Green Practitioners Network” which will highlight Environmentally Friendly businesses and create a network for like-minded business owners to share ideas and inspiration. Events will be held quarterly.